Engine Bay Wiring

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
Ian Wheelwright

Engine Bay Wiring

Post by Ian Wheelwright » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:36 pm

Hello I am currently the owner of Era 1021 it is being rebuilt due to abuse by previous owners and it was in a bad state when i purchased it. The problem I have is that when I removed the engine which had a nasty hole in one of the pistons I didn't label the wiring loom. I need to know what wires go where as the car will only run for 30 or so seconds I also need to find out what coloured wire goes to the oil cooler for the oil temp guage can some one help with photo's etc I have a workshop manual but can't seem to get it sorted pictures of the engine bay wiring might help many thanks B16 ERA. Ian :roll:

paul

Re: Engine Bay Wiring

Post by paul » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:09 pm

hi

Check out the wiring diagram in the technical section.

If it is running for 30 secs, it is likely firing the fuel pump via the start override feature, normally the fuel pump earth is routed via the oil pressure switch so is cut if oil pressure isnt high enough.

Check the connections here and also check the in line fuses in the bulkhead above the plenum. Had these corroded up or blown before.

Paul

Ian Wheelwright

Post by Ian Wheelwright » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:43 pm

Hello Paul thanks for your reply I have done all of the thing you have mentioned . The problem I have is I have two white with brown trace wires one thick and one thin I also have a white and orange wire that goes to nothing I can start the car and it will run but the starter relay make a really bad noise so I have done something wrong could just do with looking at a car that is running will you be at the next mini show thanks Ian.

paul

Post by paul » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:14 am

will have a look on mine tommorow and let you know.

Paul

paul

Post by paul » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:04 pm

Ok

Two whites with brown trace. One is slightly thickerr than the other and has a thicker brown trace. This has a right angled spade connector and goes to the oil pressure switch.

The second white with brown the thiner one, should have a straight spade connector and two CM long blue heat shrung perished labels perhaps? and connect to the white with orange.

Not sure which shows going to this year probably MITP and Stanford Hall. But would love to go to more if a ERA stand is organised.

Paul

Ian Wheelwright

Post by Ian Wheelwright » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:46 pm

Thanks Paul ill be in touch to tell you how I got on. Do you have a white wire with a pink trace on it this is the only one now that is a mistery sorry to be a pain thanks Ian.

paul

Post by paul » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:47 pm

cant see one of those which area is it in exactly?

Paul

Ian Wheelwright

Post by Ian Wheelwright » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:08 pm

Hello Paul Its in the wiring harness along with the brown wires for the starter motor thanks Ian.

paul

Post by paul » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:43 pm

hi

white with pink trace goes to the starter solonoid looking at it from the front through the grill its the nearest the front lowest one below the two brown ring connected terminals. The brown spaded is at the top and the rear nearest to the block and oil pressure switch.

Paul