Con Artist.

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
G96LUE

Con Artist.

Post by G96LUE » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi All
I thought you might all like to know about a resent con attempt i had the other day which came from my want ad on this site.

I had the following message emailed to me on the 6th of Feb:-

Hi

Compliment of the season,I am Robt Grimmer from USA,... I saw your wanted ads Listed on this web ..do you still need it ..I have it for sale and in good Sound condition,please I will receive my full money before i will ship to your doorstep., .I work with MSC -Mediterranean Shipping Company here in USA,shipping will be very fair,i accept paypal ,wire transfer , as soon as I hear from you I will email you
pictures and asking price, .call me or you can reply via
email..Thank you

Best Regards

i sent the guy a reply to see what he was offering.
he came back to me the following day with this reply:-

Thanks for your email, i attached pics of my ERA Mini Turbo , i am selling the complete car as parts. since you are in need of the whole interior ,front and rear seats,all 4 door cards, and the covers over the rear pockets and hinges,asking price is 500 pounds. and also email me your complete home address to calculate the shipping cost to your doorstep, as soon as i know your interest, i will call my mechanic to remove the whole interior ,front and rear seats,all 4 door cards, and the covers over the rear pockets and hinges, i will package and ship to your doorstep and i will email you the shipping tracking numbers, thanks and also let me know if you need more parts for your car ,thanks and hope to hear from you soon

The photo's he sent were all taken from the current Ebay advert of Rob's blue Jap ERA.
I told the guy where to go as i knew the owner of the car he was claiming he owned and was going to dismantle.

I still cant get over the audacity of some people. :x
I just thought you all should know in case anyone else gets a similar attempt.
All the best
Darren :D

paul

Re: Con Artist.

Post by paul » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi

Sometimes worth tempting them along with a few more emails and get their address and get them to work out shipping to the local police stations address and then hand the print out to them to fax to the local police in the US.

Paul

G96LUE

Re: Con Artist.

Post by G96LUE » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:53 pm

I will remember that one if it happens again. :)