Introduction

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
reycer

Introduction

Post by reycer » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:09 pm

Hello to all,

I have been loitering around this site for awhile (several years). I have been in contact with a couple of ERA enthusiasts (Peter Kay and recently Dean) Dean really encouraged me to introduce myself to this forum so consider this post as such. I will try to keep this post short, I live in the United States. I was fortunate to acquire an ERA Japanese Spec early last year. RJ1224. The condition of the car is something to be desired and the original body was changed to look like an MK1? Then In Oct last year I was able to get another. RJ1178. Between the two I may be able to get one close to the original. So that is my quest... No wheels on either....

As of today the project is on hold. Unfortunately the world financial condition has affected me as I have been unemployed since Nov 08... But happy days, I still am able to make ends meet. I have found a missing headrest and today... I will take the RJ1224 for a ride... RJ1178 has running issues so it will have to wait to get sorted.

I have no idea if I able to upload the images of the cars as they are today.

Rey
Attachments
ERAousidefront.jpg
RJ1178
ERAousidefront.jpg (44.56 KiB) Viewed 13400 times
brgera.jpg
RJ1224
brgera.jpg (56.9 KiB) Viewed 13399 times

deanjr7

Re: Introduction

Post by deanjr7 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:21 pm

hi rey
good to see you on the site and welcome,its been good to try and pick out the tell-tail signs on the green ERA jacking point on the sill seats and bonnet give away . you're lucky to own 1 never mind 2 hope you enjoy and have fun putting these back as they are well deserved good luck and all the best dean

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:54 pm

Hi Rey,

welcome to the site.

I saw a white Jap spec for sale a few years back but didn't have the cash to buy it as i was building my replica.

If it is the same one it is good to see it has gone to a good home.

Enjoy.

Darren. :D

paul

Post by paul » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi

Welcome to the site, White Jap one is interesting, is it originally white? looks like it might be pearl or is that just the camera doing that on the rear wheel arch?

If you need to know how a Jap one should be ask I have a very standard black one here.

Regards

Paul

reycer

Post by reycer » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:34 am

Thanks for the welcome everybody! Both cars based on the registry on this site were originally BRG cars. I have a lot of work to do but it should be fun... I will keep you posted and thanks again for sharing all the information about these cars.

Regards,

Rey

An old original

Post by An old original » Sun May 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Thought I say a quick hello to all, and pose the following question....
I was wondering how many of our cars are still with their original owners and how many miles have they covered?
As an "old original" I'm just closing in on 200k (and replaced most things in the process!!!)