A day on the Dyno

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
G96LUE

Re: A day on the Dyno

Post by G96LUE » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi Paul

Not sure if the third car was an ERA but there was a D reg turbo'd mini booked in after mine so he might have lumped them together. He didn't mention doing an ERA before mine anyway.

I'm even more disapointed in mine then now.
I would have expected a 1310 MED engine to produce more power than an unmodified 1275. :(
Just under 8 weeks from now my garage should be built, so i think its engine out time.
New standard spec cam.
New turbo technics turbo.
Maybe new actuator

paul

Post by paul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:31 pm

We worth seeing what actual boost both are running before throwing money at it, didn't ERA alter the ECU to reduce boost lower down and then increase top end boost or am I getting confused between fact and rumours...

Have you a turbo dizzy in yours?

Paul

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:12 pm

I think by the smoke at tickover the turbo is about shot.

Ive spoken to MED and they think the cam might not be timed correctly as it is not designed to start at 3k.
i timed it following visards bible but i could have cocked up.

I assume the disy is a turbo one as it came out of a complete car, however the tuner said it was advansing too much and blocked off the advance pipe with my old needle, so it has static timing now.

when the engine is out i will take it to MED to check the timing and i will check the turbo before i buy anything though, but i suspect it will still be expensive

current boost is as per a metro turbo as it has the metro ecu, regulator and actuator etc.

An old original

Post by An old original » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:33 am

Paul, I believe you are right in that the ERA ECUs were slightly remapped from the standard metro ones but what actual difference it made, I don't know. There was a paper label with the ERA logo on glued on the original ones. Mine's been changed since and any difference wasn't noticable (from what I remember!)