Insurance

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
paul

Insurance

Post by paul » Mon May 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi

What is everyone paying? and to whom and what kind of values are we insuring cars at? I need to insure the Black One as currently just under my motor trader policy and Donna needs to insure he RSP.

Paul

millermilla

Re: Insurance

Post by millermilla » Mon May 18, 2009 6:59 pm

I pay £145 fully comp with £6K agreed value (probably need to up that a bit) I am 33 and have a clean licence with 10yrs + NCD which they mirrored from my main car policy. Mileage is limited to 6000pa. The policy is with Hagerty Classic Car Insurance and I was quite surprised to speak to someone there that knew exactly what an ERA was! Most of the comanies I phoned didnt recongnise the car so could not insure it however it's worth noting that some of them had the car make listed as ERA and the model Mini Turbo.
Keith Miller

An old original

Post by An old original » Tue May 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Mine's about the same. I paid about £170 but with £30 back after 3 months. It's fully comp with protected NCD (10years+) & no limit on milage also covers anything I tow. All done with the AA. I do live in
Cornwall which probably helps

millermilla

Post by millermilla » Tue May 19, 2009 6:30 pm

LOL I work for the AA and couldnt get a policy with them!
Keith Miller

An old original

Post by An old original » Tue May 19, 2009 6:50 pm

I was quite surprised myself because in previous years they wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, but this year they were the best deal going They must be getting desperate!!!

An old original

Post by An old original » Tue May 19, 2009 6:52 pm

....... or perhaps I've reached a certain age (44) :(