Black Jap ERA Fixed

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
paul

Black Jap ERA Fixed

Post by paul » Tue May 08, 2007 9:14 pm

Been trying to get the broken long stud from the dog bone engine steady out for the last couple of weeks, it sheared off level with the block.

The location is fairly difficulet to access on any ERA but with Air Con even worse.

I tried a broken bolt replacement kit, but this looked wrong and looked like it would cause problems with the oil feed pipe for the Turbo.

Attempted to MIG a nut onto the centre of the snapped bolt to no avail.

Bought a right angle air drill and tried drilling with numerous high street and DIY drill bits and succeeded in snapping them or blunding them all.

Bought some very expensive Cobalt Drills used in engeering for drilling stainless steel and they drilled it out like drilling butter.

Drilled and tapped out and then reassembled. Success.

sean

Re: Black Jap ERA Fixed

Post by sean » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:12 pm

Hi I have just imported a brg era no 53 and it did not have a turbo on it I have refitted a brand new one but I need to hook all the pipes up and I am strugling to work out where some of them go is there any way we can get in touch via phone so I can talk over where these ruddy pipes go??

Thanks in advance :)

paul

Post by paul » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:31 pm

hi

this the one that had a weber on it?
Give me a call in work hours on 02476 659900 and will try and point you in right direction.

Paul

sean

Post by sean » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:54 pm

great thanks will call you on wednesday.

Thanks Sean