Southam Mini Rolling Road Test

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
Jezza

Southam Mini Rolling Road Test

Post by Jezza » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:47 pm

Just back from the Central Mini Owners Club rolling road day at Southam Mini & Metro Centre. It was covered by Mini Magazine so should be in the mag in a couple of months time.

Great fun day and just managed to fit the car on their rollers without damaging my newly renovated front body kit.

I think they were playing it a bit safe as they only took it up to 5500rpm and we only got 88.9BHP wheras last year at Hi-Tech they spun it up to 6240rpm to achieve 96BHP. Mind you the old girl deserves a bit of loving care and attention at her age so probably just as well.

Next stop the Brooklands Test Hill in a couple of weeks!
Jeremy Harris

G543 TFK

R1041 BRG

G96LUE

Re: Southam Mini Rolling Road Test

Post by G96LUE » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi Jeremy,
sounds like you had a good day.

I took mine for a spin yesterday, the first proper run after fitting the new turbo and passing its mot a week ago.
i also swapped the ecu back to the one that came out of the metro that started my project.
Flipinheck its quick now. At about 5500 - 5800 rpm (couldnt look too long at it) the boost gauge shows about 0.58bar which is about 8.5psi. Its the fastest it has ever been. This is what i thought a 100bhp turbo mini should go like. :o :D :D :D

Got to get it on the rollers now and get it perfect and see what it is pulling. :D

Can't wait for avon park.

Is anyone else planning on camping at avonpark?

i look forward to reading your piece in mini mag.
See you soon,

Darren

Jezza

Re: Southam Mini Rolling Road Test

Post by Jezza » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:56 pm

We'll be at Avon Park again this year but as it is a very local show we will just be there for the day (not sure yet whether it will be Sat or Sun at this stage).
Jeremy Harris

G543 TFK

R1041 BRG