Found my ERA (

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
Thomas_hmlo

Re: Found my ERA (

Post by Thomas_hmlo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:28 am

Dear Paul,

Besides the EXT lamp, which was turn on for 1 second while I was driving, so I think that is a false alarm.

There is another one (above the yellow light). I asked my friend and he said that this one is alternator not giving enough charge. I only have Japanese user manual, so I have no idea the exact meaning from reading the manual.

You are correct about the tube connection, some of them are not properly or wrong connected. Now it was sorted. Also adjusted the ride height with proper ground clearance.

The fuel gauge face / grass is misty. It is not possible to see the fuel level when driving at night lol. I will need to work on that. Judging from the outlook of this gauge, it is not a VDO. Maybe it is a Smiths gauge? Any hint is welcomed.

arrian

Post by arrian » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:41 pm

I had issues with overheating in my one when it was idling for any length of time, the temp would just slowly creep up and up and it was because the thermo-switch for the electric radiator fan was dead and it was never coming on. I used an after market temperature switch which I had lying around and disconnected the original switch. It is between the alternator and radiator in-line with the pipe which goes to the front radiator.

If you want to quickly test it out, ground the wire going to this switch to the body somewhere and the fan should come on. Until I put the thermo-switch in, I ran a wire inside the car to a switch which I manually turned on when I was in traffic, bit of a pain but it worked.

The fuel gauge is a smiths, maybe you can dismantle it and give the glass a clean on the inside.

Arrian

Thomas_hmlo

Post by Thomas_hmlo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:11 am

The electric fans works OK. I guess it is the weather and the position of the air con radiator blocking air flow. My mechanic guy said two ERA he previously owned also with 100 deg C water temp.

Just trying out a new set of spark plugs.

Also replaced the battery.

Some of the line fuse holders in the engine bay were snap broken or intermittent. Replace two with blade type fuse holders.

Also got a new registration number!!

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:38 pm

looking nice with the new plate :D

Thomas_hmlo

Post by Thomas_hmlo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:11 pm

ERA seats arrived Kent today.
Sharing some photo here.

arrian

Post by arrian » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:45 am

Wow they look great.

Thomas_hmlo

Post by Thomas_hmlo » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi Arrian,

Looks OK except the driver side trim cover is with some white circle marks.
Plus the plastic screw hole cap is missing.
A bonus.... I did not expect they come with headrests.

Seller still has two sets now. I quoted locally for a driver side seat re trim. And quoted me over GBP450!! Plus Newton Commercial does not carry the seat cover of ERA nor Metro Turbo. So seems to me buying a NOS is a better deal!!

paul

Post by paul » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:33 pm

how much were they?

Thomas_hmlo

Post by Thomas_hmlo » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:04 am

With the fuel pump problem sorted, finally able to take it for a ride. Sharing some photos which were taken earlier. Plus got a steering wheel from Japan. I found it may not be a good match with my ERA. But it is very good in condition.

Thomas_hmlo

Post by Thomas_hmlo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Sharing some update of my car.

The turbo no boost problem seems to be sorted. It was the manifold stud loose. Changed the manifold gasket and now seems OK. Of course I cannot compare because there is no other ERA I can compare with. But now there is no more air leaking sound.

Quite a lot of area to check and replace. Some tubes changed to silicon this time.
Also took the oil cooler out to repair the leak. The fan belt rubbed the cooler. Now added a spacer to push the mounting bracket forward for clearance.

And got seven pieces ERA wheels with caps from my mechanic.

Also installed a different steering wheel on. Now I can see the gauges better.

The original steering wheel cap I replaced the badge.