Auxillary Radiator Part no era1160

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
bryank

Auxillary Radiator Part no era1160

Post by bryank » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:30 am

Anyone got an idea if there is a supplier part no. for the auxillary radiator era part no.1160? Read somewhere that it is either an oil cooler or a heater element in a previous life before era selected it for the job!

an old original

Re: Auxillary Radiator Part no era1160

Post by an old original » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:04 am

Tricky one... you may want to start looking at Serck services motorsport division...

http://www.serckservicesmotorsport.co.u ... -5974.html

They might be able to supply something that will work but a word about the mounts... Years ago, when Rover were in business and they had a ERA 1160, it came without the mounts so in my case I had to send both the new one from Rover and my old one to Sercks for them to chop off the mounts off the old one and have them welded on to the new one

prop

Re: Auxillary Radiator Part no era1160

Post by prop » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:54 pm

If you look on the technical forum on this site. Restoration era 1097 Page 2. There are some good photos. There are unlikely to be any new old stock arround but one could pop up at any time
I made mine out of a Mocal oil cooler 16 row 115mm ½ bsp male connections. The original mounting lugs are cut off and new mountings welded to the rad sides. As you can see in era1097s photos the Mocal rad is identical to the original one.
This is my new aux rad fitted. It went very well.
The problem I have found is that at the moment it seems to be overcooling. I fitted a new rad minispares 4 core C-ARA4444B. This better cooling rad was not around when ERA was building the cars. I think it is too much. I need to experiment a little. Perhaps fit a thermostatic valve in the oil cooler system.
Attachments
IMGA0359.JPG
IMGA0359.JPG (62.37 KiB) Viewed 9191 times