1097 Checking in

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
shaun

1097 Checking in

Post by shaun » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:59 pm

Hi all,

Some of you might remember me from the mini-list of old but I thought I'd check in with car 1097.

Unfortunately it's been sat in my garage in West Yorkshire since 2001. Back then the handbrake came lose from the floor and the alternator died. As I was incredibly skint - just been laid off and I was starting a company, it got put in the garage for later. 7 years later it's still there but quite a bit rustier. It's not the driest of garages!

It's looking increasingly unlikely that I'll ever get it out of there again so if anyone has any sensible offers, let me know. I've had a couple of not very sensible offers and would much rather it went to someone who will restore it.

Pictures in the gallery at http://aegisdesign.co.uk/era/

G96LUE

Re: 1097 Checking in

Post by G96LUE » Sat May 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi there.

i might be interested depending on the price. there looks like a lot of work.
you might have seen my replica, but i would realy like to own a genuine ERA.
I have sent a P.M. so hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Darren :D

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Sat May 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi there.

i might be interested depending on the price. there looks like a lot of work.
you might have seen my replica, but i would realy like to own a genuine ERA.
I have sent a P.M. so hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Darren :D

paul

Post by paul » Sun May 04, 2008 9:57 am

Real shame to see a ERA in that condition, needs saving soon!!

Paul

kayball

Post by kayball » Mon May 05, 2008 11:56 am

Hi Shaun.
Great to here from you again as you were our/my first contact in the ERA world. very sad to see the state of R1091, but I suppose it was expected after seeing John B's car which shared your accommodation for a slightly less period. :( The pictures are very informative, and show that you are certainly not trying to hide anything. It appears to me that it may have been caught in time, just short of a re-shell, It needs quite a bit of work but should be achievable. Current value is difficult to acertain, without close inspection; It depends on how a purchaser values his time and labour. I do hope it goes to a good home which, I hope, anyone on this list will give it. Some of the RJ (Jap) cars, appearing on the web, are lacking far more original kit than yours but going for silly money. Did you see the, (admittedly new) Innocenti 1300 Cooper front grill on e-bay last month that sold for £204 plus £28 p&p! Some people are prepared to pay silly money for some components (like wheels) but I would not like to see it dismantled, even if you may raise more that way! Thanks for being so honest.
Best regards
Pete K.

shaun

Post by shaun » Mon May 05, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi Pete,

Yes, it would be just wrong to suggest it's in any condition other than requiring loving attention!

I do hope it goes whole to an ethusiast and is restored as a whole car rather than sold as parts. I don't think there's any reason not to. A lot of the rust is surface rust but certainly I've not prodded much further recently. Obviously with a car that's sat there doing nothing for 7 years, there's plenty of things you just don't know. Obviously the a-panels are shot and there's the odd bubble of rust about the bodywork in the usual places for minis but I'd not have thought it'd be a reshell job, but that in part depends on the buyer's budget on restoration.

I've a big folder of bills showing what has been spent on it prior to 2001 though. The engine got a seeing to back then - it's 1293 with a 4pin diff. I'd think that would be still pretty good nick but obviously seals and other bits sat in a damp garage don't last forever.

Price - no idea. 3K too much?

Whoever wants it also has to get it out of a garage with an earth floor from up a steep cobbled lane. When JB's COO was in the garage we had to use a Landrover to tow it up the hill into the garage. An old Sierra (I think) wouldn't cut it. We nearly burnt through it's tyres spinning it on the sets!

olitheminiman
Site Admin

Post by olitheminiman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:33 pm

Is this still available?

shaun

Post by shaun » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:45 pm

Nope. Sold.