ERA 1038 Just signed up

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
mgturbo#261

ERA 1038 Just signed up

Post by mgturbo#261 » Wed May 07, 2008 8:44 am

Hi

I am Sean from Stone in Staffordshire. I have several 1980's Turbo Austin Rover cars, Maestro Turbo, Montego Turbo and Metro Turbos, so decided to purchase 1038 back in 2006. It was a fairly sound car having been owned by an old lady in Southend and spent most of its life garaged. It had no real terminal rot. But still needed lots of work.

It went to a former friend who did restoration work on Maestro Turbos and to cut a long story short he didnt complete the work and it was to a very poor standard so the car was taken back in partial kit form in Jan 2007. It was down in the Soham area and was not in a state to easily be moved. So it was taken to Deans Minis (Formerly Mr Mini) for a full strip to the shell and rebuild from scratch. This started in Feb 2007, the car is nearing completion finally after many delays. But now they have decided they dont want to complete the work :evil:

So I am in the process of arranging collection in partial kit form and then just need to get it finished off.

Its a car I always wanted, but with the problems with the restoration of it has lost lots of its appeal, sadly. I have spent a fortune on it and still really have nothing to show :x :oops:
I will post up a few pictures of it. I will also be picking a few peoples brains to help me try and get it finished. I think it should of been build number 666 :lol: