TIM Digital Clock

Any Technical Queries? This is the place to ask/give advice.
millermilla

TIM Digital Clock

Post by millermilla » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:19 pm

Hiya,

I seem to have some wiring issues with my ERA that im working my way through. The biggest problem is an aftermarket fusebox was fitted and wired up incorrectly.

My clock only works with the ignition on. Is it supposed to display the time when the ignition is off or does it turn off with the ignition.

Thanks

Keith
Keith Miller

paul

Re: TIM Digital Clock

Post by paul » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Hi Keith

Should hold power to it with ignition off and not display then illuminate with ignition on.

Paul

millermilla

Post by millermilla » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:46 am

Thanks Paul,

That solves the mystery. I have 4 wires on the plug, 1 negative, 2 ign live, 3 permenant live and 4 headlights (dims the display). I seem to be missing the permenant live. I have rewired the fuse box back to original spec but the alarm / turbo timer, and a secondary switch over relay was wired with the old fuse box configuration so im having to reverse engineer some of the wiring which makes the "Black wired" alarm fun.

I fixed the fuel tank sender, the wire inside the tank which connects the variable resistor was broken and I have the dash out and have found the squeak which was the subframe tower bolt rubbing the body (Thanks to the Mrs for holding the clutch at exactly the point the squeak occured. Not bad seeing she doesnt even drive!). I think the knocking noise is probably the n/s subframe bushes like you thought and the speedo cable was just misaligned. It's a bit like a bus mans holiday but im really enjoying playing about and solving problems.
Keith Miller

kayball

Post by kayball » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi.
Regarding your query with the wiring of the TIM clock.
I have an original Rover drawing of the alterations and additions to the standard Mini wiring diagram. Any other problems. please ask direct via the Webmaster, as I don't log on very often. The clock has four wires, coloured; Red; Green; Orange and Black, but these colours only go to the clock plug.
From this plug, Red mates with Purple which connects to terminal '4' of the fusebox. (Permanent Battery Live) Orange mates with a Light Green wire which connects to terminal '6' of the fusebox. (Ignition Switched live) Green mates with Red/Green which is wired to the instrument backlights on the panel via the smaller 6 pin Inst. Panel plug and Black mates with Black which connects to chassis. (Earth 2)
Fuse box is numbered from top down, with odd numbers on outside edge and even on inside terminals. e.g. 1 is Supply, 2 is fused output.
Hope this helps.
Pete K

millermilla

Post by millermilla » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:04 am

Thanks Pete thats just what I needed. Wiring is now 100% original again :D
Keith Miller