Interior Trim and Parts

Any Technical Queries? This is the place to ask/give advice.
paul

Interior Trim and Parts

Post by paul » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:41 pm

As some of you may know I have been toying with the idea of building a ERA van along the lines of if ERA had built a run arround van for the factory then this would have been it. Obviously the best man for the Job would be Darren as he has recreated the best ERA to date but I will do my best.

I have all mechanical parts apart from radiator auxiallary radiator and oil cooler but will have those made or altered from whatever I can find near once that becomes a problem.

For now I am rebuilting the shell I have two body kits one a copy and one supposedly genuine so will work with these though I think a VAn ERA kit was done at some point to one of those of bits of it will likely be easier and quicker if I find one.

I have some grey recaro recliner in vinyl which I will have leather faced I have grey top and bottom rails column covers and grey wheel ( not leather) but have name of a comapny that recently refurbished a RSP wheel and they recovered it.

I need dash and console or clocks or ideas if the clocks went in anything else? I may just construct the dash and go with general configuration after all its more a in the style of and build quality off rather than exact replica. For instance I have a Innocenti 1001 grill and surround, not the 1300 export as a van would probably not have had the posher grill!

I plan to trim the rear out in the style of the ERA boot soundproofed with headlining boarded and carpeted with vinyl edging etc, rear wash wipe on windows.

Need a bonnet scoop and if any enterprising badge making listers can make up ones with ERV on would be quite fun or even ER and a blank circle and I will dremel a V out when I get time.

Would make a cracking support vehicle for shows if and when I get it done.

Paul

millermilla

Re: Interior Trim and Parts

Post by millermilla » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:42 am

Sounds pretty cool. I have standard ERA badge copies, not sure how I could cast ERV but will give it a go next time I'm playing around with the resin.
Keith Miller

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:24 pm

Hi Paul,

I toy'd around with the idea on an ERA estate before i built mine, so i know where you are coming from with the van idea.
If you have a genuine body kit as spares, i personally would keep this untouched as a spare and look at another non genuine one instead.

If you want metro seats cutting down i am happy to help.
The trimmers i used are called NewTrim for my seats
They were expensive but they did dismantle a genuine 20 year old seat cover, make full patterns and then reassemble the seat and provide 2 new covers in full leather (not with pvc backs), therefore any new covers made should be cheaper as most the hard work has been done, however recaro's are nice too.

Minispares are still listing the front Aux Rad - ERA1160 but it is £186.
If i hear of any parts going i will let you know.
I look forward to seeing it when it is done :D

Regards,

Darren

Ian Wheelwright

Post by Ian Wheelwright » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi Paul I have a black VDO oil pressure guage not identical to the ERA item but a close second .

An old original

Post by An old original » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:57 pm

G96LUE wrote:Hi Paul,

Minispares are still listing the front Aux Rad - ERA1160 but it is £186.
I had one of these from rover years ago but a word of warning...it didn't come with the mounts. I had to get them cut off the old one and welded onto the new one, and that cost another £50. If you're not too fussy about originality, I would skip it and just get an oil cooler and use that, and sort out your own way of mounting it.