Certificate of Conformity - a real challenging problem!

Any Technical Queries? This is the place to ask/give advice.
cleecarnut

Certificate of Conformity - a real challenging problem!

Post by cleecarnut » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Hello again,
As R1067 is now in France, in order to register in France, I need a Certificate of Conformity (COC). As both Rover and ERA no longer exists, I tried contacting British Heritage Museum who, not surprisingly, has no record of production for ERA. I then try VCA (Vehicle Certification Agency) and quoted the approval number on the ERA plate and this is not a recognised homologation approval number according to VCA. I'm now at my wit's end and hoping the ERA club can help/advise in this matter. I see on the register that 6 cars were exported new to Germany so I assume the car must be EU approved even though RHD.
Any help/ advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Chris.

arrian

Re: Certificate of Conformity - a real challenging problem!

Post by arrian » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:35 pm

The top number on the rover vin plate is the EEC approval number according to the page on the microfiche. Not sure if that is any help.

paul

Re: Certificate of Conformity - a real challenging problem!

Post by paul » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:16 am

remind me in few days dead busy at work, but I had a contact that was set up out of the collapse of rover that was from the motor industry somewhere and had authorisation to issue COC's for Rover cars I used to use them for late minis when I brought them in from Japan.

Paul