Aldon "Amethyst" Mappable Ignition System

Any Technical Queries? This is the place to ask/give advice.
prop

Aldon "Amethyst" Mappable Ignition System

Post by prop » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:23 am

I have been struggling to find a distributor to use with my uprated engine. There are a couple of programmable dizzys but they contain only pre set advance curves. As I want to keep the original look of the engine bay, a mega jolt system is out of the question. No one has come up with a way forward I am happy with. Asking questions around various people and places I discovered the Aldon "Amethyst" Mappable Ignition System.

http://www.aldonamethyst.co.uk/

This looks like the answer I have been looking for. I can program maps to it with my laptop. rolling roads should be able to do it. It means with my fuel air meter I have less chance of melting my engine.
This seems to be a return to diy tuning.
A step in the right direction for once.

Is this too good to be true???? :D

deanojr7

Re: Aldon "Amethyst" Mappable Ignition System

Post by deanojr7 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Aldon is 2 minutes around the corner from where we live ,they have been there for years.
My Brother had many minis in the 80s, cooper s ,1275 gt and many modified minis and always took his car to be tuned by Aldon ,still on the same estate as in the 80s.

arrian

Post by arrian » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:49 pm

I had a look at the documents on that site and I think it would be ideal for what you want. Having put efi in my Morris 1100, being able to tune with a laptop vs filing SU needles or playing with advance weights and springs is an absolute dream. You won't regret it!

r1076

Post by r1076 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:17 am

Hi,

I have the 123 Ignition Tune installed in my ERA. You can use the dizzy for a/Series and modify it to suit A+. No big deal.

Until now i´m very happy with it!

wanted: Radio, front speaker, heater cover panel and radio panel

for sale: Castrol Sticker