Turbo bar gauge does not go beyond zero bar

Any Technical Queries? This is the place to ask/give advice.
prop

Re: Turbo bar gauge does not go beyond zero bar

Post by prop » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:24 pm

My set up is not the standard ERA set up. I have a 7psi actuator and the ecu is not connected nor is the modulator (I have a manual boost controller). At present I am still running in so the actuator opens at 7psi (about 0.5 bar). I plan to eventually run at about 12psi as there are other engine mods I have made.
I see you have changed the ecu.
According to the notes the standard Metro ecu was altered to give a more progressive introduction of boost. Whether this is correct, I really don't know. Many things that were supposed to have been done, were never got around to by ERA.

an old original

Post by an old original » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:48 pm

If the manifolds are loose or the gaskets no good, this will affect the running. Make sure you get a new gasket that has the metal inserts around the exhaust holes, also the figures you give for the boost are about right.
Attachments
DSCN0933.JPG
DSCN0933.JPG (223.96 KiB) Viewed 9868 times

an old original

Post by an old original » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:51 pm

ECUs... I've been running with the standard metro one for the last 20 years or so, it made no noticable difference as far as I could remember.

Thomas_hmlo

Post by Thomas_hmlo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:23 pm

A quick update.
Last time discovered the exhaust and the inlet manifold studs were quite loose. Planned to take out the exhaust and the inlet manifold for checking.
The carb and the inlet manifold was removed.

Took a look at the inlet manifold see some oil at one side of the port.

Exhaust manifold not yet removed.

BTW, just found out there is an engine mounting plate to the water pump was broken. Previously welded back.