Front exhaust bracket

Any Technical Queries? This is the place to ask/give advice.
an old original

Front exhaust bracket

Post by an old original » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Just wondering if anyone has got a diagram/plan for the front plate that secures the exhaust to the diff - original part no HEX7632.
(something else that went walkabout during it's engine rebuild....)

deanojr7

Re: Front exhaust bracket

Post by deanojr7 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:59 pm

I will have a look at mine tomorrow for you.

Iast weekend i started mine after last 3 years +, just havnt found the time ,after pumping petrol though starts first time.

The car is on supports with the wheels off so can test drive all gears change smooth, noticed only one drive -shaft spins so decided to investigate.

Luck has it i am sure looking underneath i noticed mine still has the uni-part number still attached from what i think maybe the part you are after.

Will get back to with sizes if helps

an old original

Post by an old original » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:56 am

That will be brilliant, cheers..

reading this... "the car is on supports with the wheels off so can test drive all gears change smooth, noticed only one drive -shaft spins so decided to investigate." .... you are aware that with no traction that is what happens - it's the way the diff works. If you stop the one that is turning, the other one should turn.

deanojr7

Post by deanojr7 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:49 pm

Thanks for info on driveshafts didnt know that,saves me a job messing DAM!!

As for the bracket,it looks to be a fairly straight plate bolted to the diff then a separate U-clamp connects it to the exhaust.

I have quickly taken some pics of bracket ,if you can forward email i can send to you.

If you have any probs i will try and take bracket off and do a more detailed drawing for you just done a quick pic for you to see.

Dean

an old original

Post by an old original » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:17 pm

thanks for all your help and I greatly appreciate the offer but I think I've just found one at AE Wilcox (goldmine for extinct bits!!!) £8.30 inc postage!!

For info always try roverpartsfinder.co.uk !!!

The idea of the diff is that the output from the engine/gearbox is through one (final) drive but when going 'round a corner the outer wheel has to rotate faster as it has further to go, imagine two circles, one inside the other, the outer being bigger has a longer circumference. The diff ensures that drive is equally spread between the driving wheel when doing this cornering. Also explains that when one wheel is slipping in mud or on ice, you don't get drive on the other wheel. hope that helps

deanojr7

Post by deanojr7 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:19 am

No problem,just glad you found one.

It must be frustrating when you know you had the part removed unnecessary,as we know trying to find sometimes the smallest part for these cars now are hard to come by ,well done in your search as i had a quick look with no luck.

Thanks for the advice on driveshaft i must admit i thought oh ---- so very great full for information .

robr1006

Post by robr1006 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:17 pm

I asked Maniflow to supply a new one with the new 2" downpipe I purchased from them - suspecting that it might be a different size but it actually looks like the Minispares part here: http://www.minispares.com/product/Class ... X7526.aspx?

At the bottom of this Minispares page a strap is listed - I think this is for use with the tradditional exhaust clamp and saddle rather that the single bolt type which Maniflow supply.

If you telephone Maniflow they will tell/sell you what you need