British Mini Fair - Stafford Bingley Hall 25th Jan 2009

Find Details On Future Meets Planned By eraturbo.com
Jezza

British Mini Fair - Stafford Bingley Hall 25th Jan 2009

Post by Jezza » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:20 pm

I am planning to do along to this the first proper Mini show of 2009 - anyone else planning on attending?

We will be travelling from Coventry and are happy to meet up with any like minded ERA owners en route.

R1041 BRG ERA Turbo.
Jeremy Harris

G543 TFK

R1041 BRG

millermilla

Re: British Mini Fair - Stafford Bingley Hall 25th Jan 2009

Post by millermilla » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:17 pm

Im 50/50 on this one. I really fancy going but it looks like a 7hr round trip from down here so im not sure.
Keith Miller

paul

Post by paul » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi

Fired the black one up for first time in a couple of months, and it cut out after ten seconds wouldnt restart then disconnected fuel pump and it started.. so the overfuelling issue has came back so it wont be going anywhere till I have carb off and fix it again, must be the needle valve the plate that shuts this or and the float... so will have another hif to hand and sort these out. Though I have cured it with a service kit but clearly not.

I will be going however likely taking a whitre mayfair auto and a mint 35th due in next week as I need to sell some so will be in the for sale section with these and so will be going fairly early.

Welcome to tag along with us, mate Ross will we going in his 1380 clubby estate if we are too slow for you ;)

Paul

Jezza

Post by Jezza » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:52 pm

Paul,

Let me know what time you are intending to set off and if I can get up, get the car started (they don't much like this cold weather do they) and get the lad ready early enough we will tag along with your convoy.

If not we'll come and say hello at the show.
Jeremy Harris

G543 TFK

R1041 BRG

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi All

I will be going. it is about an hour from mine so see you there.
Paul, you will be able to see my new front seats then.
I just need sone metro headrests to complete.

see you soon

Darren :D
G96LUE

paul

Post by paul » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:31 pm

hi Jezza

Will be meeting Ross at 8.15 leaving by 8.30 ish at Mc Donalds carpark Walsgrave.

Need to get there early as trying to put two cars in the for sale bit.

Mobile is 07967 802816

Cheers

Paul

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry we didn't get to meet you today.
I hope you had a good day anyway.

Which other shows are you thinking of going to this year?

hopefully we can meet up at another.

All the best

Darren

paul

Post by paul » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi

Nice Meeting up with Darren and Ricky, Darren's seats look really nice pictures don't do them justice, just need wearing in now bit of patina gives them character ;)

I think I saw Jeremy early on but I was in gridlock in the first aisle at the time, Bingley is always busy and a bit cramped as first show of year and indoors.

Trader Jumble and even booter jumble I found very expensive but found some bits and bobs that were useful to me.

Also prices of some rust bucket projects were mad, a British open that you could put your hand through the door out the door step and out the outer sill again was up for 900 strapped to back of a trailer!

Trim was worth 150 rest would weigh for £60!!

Paul

Jezza

Post by Jezza » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:00 pm

Yes we made it safely to the show about 11.15am and it was so full we were parked over the road - first time ever apparently.

I saw your car's on display Paul - did you get a buyer for them?

I had a walk round the car park and also saw your car Darren - looks lovely and very very difficult to spot that it is not a genuine ERA except for the headrests and door cards.

The next show we are going to is down at Brooklands on Sunday 29th March - we making a weekend of it and going down on the Saturday. It is a show I have never been to before but it should be good and they apparently have a 'test hill' for you to try the car out on (not sure what this means exactly but sounds fun)!

Also planning to do Himley Hall (might be a possibility for getting a stand together?), the Thong Run (Kenilworth), Gaydon Mini Festival, British Mini Showdown (hope it doesn't blow up!), Great Western Mini Day, Mini In The Park (another possibility for an ERA stand?) and the Bristish Mini Day at Uttoxeter (also a possible stand?). I dare say I will find some other shows to attend once the weather perks up - after all what's the point in having an ERA and not driving it.

I don't think we will be able to commit to the full weekend of the IMM as I was only intending to go for one day of the Mini 50 event. It is a bit difficult with an 11 month old and camping doesn't really appeal when I only live 20 miles away from Cofton Park.

Looking forward to it.........................
Jeremy Harris

G543 TFK

R1041 BRG

paul

Post by paul » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:44 pm

No sales but never do at shows, just lets people see them and then get calls in weeks after.

Darrens replica is getting a little to accurate ;)

IMM is local for me too, but I don't think thats an issue, its all about getting immersed in minidom, we only left IMM 2008 site twice once for McD's as Katie couldnt handle spicey sausage again! and once for a beer trip to Aldi.....

Paul