Beaulieu

Find Details On Future Meets Planned By eraturbo.com
millermilla

Beaulieu

Post by millermilla » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:31 am

Anyone going? I'm camping down in the new forest for a long weekend and will be at the show Sunday in R1067
Keith Miller

G96LUE

Re: Beaulieu

Post by G96LUE » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Unfortunately i won't be going to this one.
I have just had to take my Alfa to the dealers and have a bill for £1167 for a new inlet manifold & to fix a drive shaft oil leak so i'm a little skint.

I didnt expect bills this high for a car just 8 months out of warranty. 2 months ago it was £300 for an exhaust recirculation valve and £240 for 2 tyres. It was supposed to have 2 more tyres on Sat too. I had budgeted for the tyres but not mechanical failures.

I'm glad my mini is running a treat though, but i'd like to have it rolling roaded to make sure the mixture is right as it drinks like a fish.

I'm off to goodwood 1 & 2nd July but i'm thinking of doing Gaydon again on Sunday 4th July.

I'm also going to Avon Park 10/11th but don't know if i'm camping unless someone else does.

millermilla

Post by millermilla » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:08 pm

New inlet manifold on a 4 year old car 8O Surely a manufacturing defect from new! And EGR valves are well common, try to regularly use a fuel system cleaner.
Keith Miller

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Im sure it is a manufacturing fault too, but it only had a 3 year warranty. I cant even blame it on high milage as its just coming up to 34K.

I am going to write to alfa about it though anyway, just in case.
I need to change it when its 5 years and was thinking of a new guilietta but my confidence is starting to be swayed so i might have to find an alternative.

I have run the idea of the Cox cars ERA past our fleet manager, but she didnt think that the directors would give approval.
If it hadnt been registered i might have squeezed it though, but not on a 1992 plate. :(