Shows List 2011

Find Details On Future Meets Planned By eraturbo.com
An old original

Re: Shows List 2011

Post by An old original » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:24 pm

Before you start taking the carb off, just check out the carb vent valve that sits on top of the servo. It has an electrical connector with two wires and two pipes attached, one of which comes of the side of the carb. To test, detach this pipe at the valve and stuff a bolt in the end of the pipe and clamp with a jubilee clip, then go for a spin.

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Thanks,
I was going to give that a go in the morning.
I have had it one stick open before and it did cause similar problems, but usually as soon as the turbo starts to boost.
As soon as i came off the gas when that was faulty the car would idle ok.
If i rev the engine to about 4k now it revs for about 5 - 10 seconds then the car dies and cuts out as if the fuel in the float chamber has all gone.
Fuel pump seems to be working ok.
It has a new pressure regulator and the fuel filter looks clean.

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:51 am

Your diagnosis seems to have been correct.
I removed the rubber hose from the steel pipe by the bell housing and popped in a 8mm drill into the hose.
Took it for a spin and it seems ok so will have to check out the wiring to the solenoid. Maybe i moved something as i did have to move the hose while removing the servo.
Thanks again.

An old original

Post by An old original » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:12 pm

My valve gave up the ghost years ago and I gave up trying to find a replacement, so I've been driving around with a bolt stuffed up the pipe for about 8 years or so!! It's only a pain on hot starting occasionally so I live with it... :-)

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:32 pm

This valve is a replacement one i got off ebay and has seemed to work ok for the last 2 years, but as it was already several years old it was probably on its last legs anyway.