Shows List 2011

Find Details On Future Meets Planned By eraturbo.com
Jezza

Shows List 2011

Post by Jezza » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:49 pm

At long last I have the ERA back from the Body Shop after 14 long weeks, a new front end, a full respray and a cost of £3K. Looks nice though.

So we can start to think about which shows we will be going to for the rest of the year - here's my provisional list:

Heartbeat Run - North Yorkshire (booked) JUNE 12th
British Mini Showdown JULY 10th
Mini/VW Show Cornbury Park JULY 17th
Grimley Mini Show & Oval Challenge JULY 24th
Mini In The Park AUG 14th
Jeremy Harris

G543 TFK

R1041 BRG

G96LUE

Re: Shows List 2011

Post by G96LUE » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:00 pm

Jezza wrote:At long last I have the ERA back from the Body Shop after 14 long weeks, a new front end, a full respray and a cost of £3K. Looks nice though.

So we can start to think about which shows we will be going to for the rest of the year - here's my provisional list:

Heartbeat Run - North Yorkshire (booked) JUNE 12th
British Mini Showdown JULY 10th
Mini/VW Show Cornbury Park JULY 17th
Grimley Mini Show & Oval Challenge JULY 24th
Mini In The Park AUG 14th
Excellent news to hear you have your car back.

I'll book us a stand for cornbury park. I know Paul will be up for this and i will see if Ian can make it too.
I'll book a pitch for 8 and see if we can get a few more interested.

paul

Post by paul » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Up for most mids shows over summer subject to it not clashing with Ministox racing which my daughter Katie has just taken up!!!

Was asked at the weekend to bring to ERA to Beaulieu as they needed one for some kind of line up of limited editions.

SOOO it was started up and ran for an hour today.... looks very much like a barn find, covered in 8 months of dust.... so will take some pics and get it on the road this week...

Paul

millermilla

Post by millermilla » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:59 pm

I'm up for the Mini / VW show at Cornbury park and will also be doing MITP.

I was also asked about Beaulieu but I'm on holiday so can't go.
Keith Miller

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Right, i have got the booking form downloaded and i can book a Max of 6 cars and the price will be £3.00 per car and allows 2 adults & 2 7-14's.
If we have more interest we could book a club just called ERA minis and get another 6 for £3.00 per car.
I'd then see if they can put us next to each other.
If we need to book the second 6 i will need to do it asap.
Note! normal on the day price is £8.00 adult / £3.00 7-14's

I'll pay for the first 6 and collect payment from you guys on the day.
Assuming tickets arrive early enough i will post them out, if not i will have to hand out on the day.

On a seperate note, camping is available from 14:00 on Sat £5.00 per person. does anyone fancy this?

so far on the Sunday list:-

Me, Jezza, Paul, Keith

Please let me know asap if you want in :)

An old original

Post by An old original » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:36 pm

I'm in for Cornbury, after an extensive body rebuild ( the car, not me(I wish!!)) This should be the first outing. If I get the Saturday off work I'll probably camp but won't know that until about 10 days before...

Count me in!!

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:16 pm

ok, that's 5 :)

I will ring them tomorrow to see if camping needs to be prebooked.

Jezza

Post by Jezza » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Good stuff it will be nice to have a few ERA's togther again at a show - it seems a long time since the IMM in Birmingham.

Off to the Heartbeat Run in North Yorkshire this weekend which will be good test of the car (around 500 miles in 3 days) as it has not really been anywhere since last October - fingers croseed!

Me personally I love the Mini events where you get the chance to drive your car on a Mini convoy (eg Heartbeat Run, H2H Run, Riviera Run etc) so i was wondering if anyone has ever done the Cotswold Mini Classic run which the MiniFixers Club are organising for 31st July? If so let us know as i am thinking of giving it a go though it is on the same day as the Crich Tramway Museum Mini event which we did last year and enjoyed - decisions decisions....
Jeremy Harris

G543 TFK

R1041 BRG

paul

Post by paul » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:49 pm

I agree never been into trailering them to shows, two best and memorable shows have been the IMM2008 in Holland long long run in the ERA and Scottish Transport Show in 2009 again Perth is a long long way!!!

Perhaps we should organise a meet and run to a show sometime, be nice to see a row of ERA's enroute, perhaps have someone who cant take thier ERA act as support vehicle and keep zipping ahead and get some great shots.... something to have for the future...

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Spoke to the organisers of cornbury show today regarding the camping.

We can pay at the camp ground on the day so if anyone wants to camp there is no need to pre book.
This way we can decide on the forcast a couple of days before :)

It would still be nice to know if anyone is going to camp to help others decide.
I will camp if someone else will