Pride of Longbridge Show

Find Details On Future Meets Planned By eraturbo.com
Jezza

Pride of Longbridge Show

Post by Jezza » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:14 am

Nice little event opposite the old Longbridge Car Works (or what is left of it) in Cofton Park, Low Hill Lane, Longbridge, Birmingham, B31 3BO with no need to pre-register and FOC for all Austin/Morris/Rover/BLMC/MG/Triumph etc cars.

I have been a few times and plan to take the ERA again this year if the weather looks decent - 16th April.

10am to 4pm with food and drink stalls available.

http://b31.org.uk/2016/04/pride-of-long ... ary-event/
Jeremy Harris

G543 TFK

R1041 BRG

robr1006

Re: Pride of Longbridge Show

Post by robr1006 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:03 am

I have been to this show a couple of times and it really is worth a visit. A great variety of cars on display and many of the old Leyland/Rover workers come and share their stories.

Last year was dry with Sunshine all day - this year turned out to be rain, Sleet and Snow!!

As a result the park was closed on the grounds (Ha see what I did there!) of safety/traction - some of the cars which were attending gathered at the Marks & Spencer Multi storey car park at Longbridge. I was part of the Convoy from Cowley which was accommodated by Gaydon at very short notice.

Gaydon made us very welcome and they now have their new wing open. I was expecting to see their Red ERA r1010 but it was not on display. I was however pleased to finally see the "Longbridge Tunnels" Clubman 1275 gt which has been given the title of the LAST mini to leave Longbridge having been recovered by enthusiasts about 8 years after the plant closed!

I never take my ERA out in the rain - but it seems that Snow is now OK!

Definitely one for the diary next year! An open invitation is also extended to all Cowley & Longbridge produced models to join the Cowley Convoy too.

Jezza

Re: Pride of Longbridge Show

Post by Jezza » Fri May 13, 2016 1:52 pm

We went to Longbridge and parked up for an hour on the road outside the park - all a bit disappointing due to the atrocious morning weather.

I think the Gaydon ERA is now at the Attwell-Wilson car museum in Wiltshire - saw it a year or so ago.

http://www.atwellwilson.org.uk/index.html

Next show for us is tomorrow at the Worcester Motor Festival where we are on display on Broad Street - here is hoping for no rain....
Jeremy Harris

G543 TFK

R1041 BRG