era wheels

Spotted any ERA Mini Turbos or parts for sale anywhere?
deanjr7

era wheels

Post by deanjr7 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:42 pm

iam in the prosses of buying a spare set of era wheels on ebay without going over the top what price should i pay

G96LUE

Re: era wheels

Post by G96LUE » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi there.

there are a few factors to suggesting a price
1. are they genuine or rover ones?
2. do they have era centers.
3. condition
4. tyres fitted & condition.

my rover ones (4) cost me £250 brand new in 97/98.
the genuine new ERA centers cost £15 ea.
my tyres cost £45 ea.

i did manage to buy a genuine wheel and brand new tyre for £50 from Frasier after he sold his ERA.
and i did manage to get a brand new genuine wheel for £25 from a guy i met at a show (bargain).

i would suggest a good set of rover ones with tyres would probably be worth £200-250 ish. Genuine ERA with centers in good condition i would pay £300+. it just depends how desperate someone else wants them if they are on ebay.

hope this helps.

Regards

Darren :)

deanjr7

Post by deanjr7 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:02 pm

hi darren
thanks for the respond Ive brought the wheels now paid a bit more than that tho the condition not as good as the ones on my car but 85% + OK
i think they still have the original Goodyear tyres on but will scrap them i was just after the wheel but one thing i noticed different to mine is the center caps are much deeper plus they have a key-way opposite the locking bolt where it locks into .the bolt that holds the center cap is in line with the valve dust cap as to the ones on mine the bolt is at 90 degrees anyway iam still doing a lot of digging around and finding out something new all the time . also how can you tell between era wheels and rover ones
cheers dean

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi Dean

i've just left the details in the tech section.

hope it helps a little.

hope to see you at some shows in the future.

Regards

Darren