turbo grill

Spotted any ERA Mini Turbos or parts for sale anywhere?
deanjr7

turbo grill

Post by deanjr7 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:36 am

era turbo grill on ebay + innocenti grill

dj clubby

Re: turbo grill

Post by dj clubby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:38 pm

Do you have a link to the grill as i really need one for a friends Japensese ERA
GOT BOOST

deanjr7

Re: turbo grill + wheels

Post by deanjr7 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:35 pm

hi there
i just typed in era turbo in ebay search bar, if you have no luck i will try and get you link if i can work out how to do it also are you looking for the era badge that goes on the front of the grill as i
may be able get some copied let me know if interested.

good luck with the grill regards dean

millermilla

Post by millermilla » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:12 pm

Hiya Dean,

I need an ERA bonnet badge if you are getting some copied.

Thanks

Keith
Keith Miller

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi Dean

I would be interested in a couple of spare grill / boot badges.

how were you thinking of getting them made?

I have detailed a badge in Autodesk Inventor and was thinking of finding somewhere who could manufacture them in small quantities, but i have not found anywhere cheap enough yet.

My company was going to get a 3D plastic printer for prototyping, but it was put on hold for now.

Hope to hear from you soon

Darren.
Attachments
era badge.JPG
era badge.JPG (69.32 KiB) Viewed 15678 times

deanjr7

Post by deanjr7 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:23 pm

hi there
i haven't thought about the bonnet badge yet but i will give that some thought on how to make those and as for that image you got there darren that is bang on if you could get those made
i have made some tooling at work for the era badges and taken some resin casts of them they are pretty good but would like them a bit better so will keep trying till its right if i can get some aluminum castings off the tooling i think that would be the way to go just down to cost but like darren said trying to get a foundry to do small batches is the problem i will bring back what i have made and put some photos on for you to see what you all think .
also going back to the wheels mentioned earlier i have brought some original center caps and have altered the diameter and depth to match the earlier wheels also i have made tooling for those as-well and have took casts of them using resin and aluminium powder next week i will try and get a foundry to cast some and will have to get them machined so will also post pics as whats been done .
if possible darren can you find out for me the date stamped on the back of your two wheels we mentioned as i am trying to find out why and when the wheel design was change as the tooling for these would have possibly been a low pressure gravity die and to change the design would have been quite expensive on such a small batch of castings so to buy these center caps to match i would say be nigh on impossible. i will do my best to get these done as iam doing this in my own time and money.
hope goes well regards dean

Jezza

Post by Jezza » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:58 pm

This is the link I think;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mini-cooper-innoc ... 240%3A1318

Auction ends Feb 2 at 20.46pm and item is currently at £18.80. There does not appear to be any ERA grille badge with the grille.
Jeremy Harris

G543 TFK

R1041 BRG

dj clubby

Post by dj clubby » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Thanks for the link Jezza
GOT BOOST