Another Japanese import for sale

Spotted any ERA Mini Turbos or parts for sale anywhere?
G96LUE

Another Japanese import for sale

Post by G96LUE » Tue May 13, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi all.

found this car up for sale. :D

http://www.ajsminis.co.uk/eratur.html

a fairly unmolested for a jap import. only minor changes to return to standard from what i can see.

hope someone out there buys it and brings it to some shows.

regards
Darren

paul

Re: Another Japanese import for sale

Post by paul » Sun May 18, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi

Looks very much like one I didn't bid on in Japan, carpets and front speakers are missing, needs to go back on turbo and whatever else has been removed, assume distributor and fuel pump has also gone or it wouldnt run right on a weber. Drivers seat in missing though a pair recently sold via another forum so assume they might have been sourced for it now.

A/C couldnt be a problem as Jap ones have a vacum solanoid and a diaphram unit which increases the revs when A/C kicks in this appears to be be missing also.

Will be a very solid car though as all the Japanese ones are as they dont salt the roads over there so no rust.

Paul

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Mon May 19, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi Paul

i noticed the carpets were missing, but i didnt notice the other bits.
It will have era front seats now. He listed one seat (passenger side) last week which i managed to persuade him to list a buy it now for me.

he has managed to get 2 new & unused front seats for it.
i am going to fetch the seat on sat so will have a look over the car while i am there and report any other info.

i will now be able to get the original trimmers to make a patten from this seat and hopefully obtain some similar leather to make a new pair of covers for me. if they can it might open up a market for owners to have their seats repaired or converted to full leather if the tweed is damaged by the original trimmers.

Regards

Darren

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Sat May 24, 2008 7:10 pm

Hi All

i have been over today to collect my passenger seat :D and had a mooch over this car.
from what i can see (was in his dry store and a little dark) i looks in excellent contition.
hardly a blemish to be seen and not a ding in sight. it has been resprayed at some point, and there i slight rippling arround the front screen rubber, but is not that noticable.
There were a couple of minor scratches by the boot lock where nails have caught the paint, but some 'T' cut would reduce them.
There are a couple of stone chips near the front indicators, but the body kit is perfect - no cracks. it has the 7 piece kit, and the rear has been tidily modified to suit the center exit exhaust (not my choice but looks ok)
The front seats are BRAND NEW!! He managed to obtain them still in the rover boxes, so have had no use (they cost a prety penny but are well worth it).
He will be having new carpets made shortly, and intends turning it back to an "as manufactured" state (except exhaust) with recon turbo unit etc
it has mayfair front door cards, so is a bit stuck there but he will se what he can do.
The owner is still awaiting the documents to be delivered before getting it registered, and is planning on a private ERA reg plate.
i have found a sticker on the seat frame with a manu date of 24/9/90 so i suspect the cars date is just after that (but it might be a newer replacement seat - you never know)

hope this helps for potential customers

Regards

Darren :D