Grille and bonnet badge

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
natalya86

Grille and bonnet badge

Post by natalya86 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Hello,

Recently acquired an ERA mini. Sadly the original grille and bonnet badge is missing. Can anyone advise on where replacements could be sourced?

Thanks,

Nat

an old original

Re: Grille and bonnet badge

Post by an old original » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Welcome,
The grille is a major problem, the closest one like it is one from a 1970's 1300 cooper innocenti but the last one of those I saw on e-bay reached £400 & then was withdrawn.

The bonnet badge is a lot easier. If you need the metal base, just get one of the standard one like this:
https://www.minispares.com/product/Clas ... H4378.aspx

and then there is one of the other owners on here who has produced the plastic "turbo" insert which you can stick on. Unfortunately I can't remember who it is (SORRY!!) but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who does...

natalya86

Post by natalya86 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks very much for your helpful response. Will look into those things you suggested :-)

Jezza

Post by Jezza » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:17 pm

The Turbo badges are available from Sticky Fingers website

www.stickyfingersdecals.com/

Actual link to Turbo Badge is:

http://martincull.create.net/shop/searc ... tton=Go%21

You will need a basic standard Mini badge to stick the Turbo design onto but they are very good and cost £7.50.

I did see an Inno grille at the IMM earlier this month on one of the Italian traders stands but they are very difficult to source in the UK.

Good Luck - are you bringing your ERA to the Stanford Show in Sept when we hope to get around 10 cars onto the stand?
Jeremy Harris

G543 TFK

R1041 BRG

natalya86

Post by natalya86 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Thanks Jezza that is most helpful. I was hoping to go to the show but unfortunately I have to work that weekend. Another time though hopefully. Are the grille badges as easy to obtain do you know?
Natalya (J171 KOO)

era1097

Post by era1097 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Hello Natalya,
Welcome,a grill badge is very hard to optain.
It is the same as the grill itself.
If you find one they are very expensive.
a member of this form had some made in aluminium(Thomas_hmlo)
They look great.
Maybe he hase some spare,for your grill.

natalya86

Post by natalya86 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Thanks era1097 will give that a try :-)

Jezza

Post by Jezza » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:18 am

Not sure if you saw this grille on eBay - now sold unfortunately.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/n-o-s-Mini-Mo ... fresh=true
Jeremy Harris

G543 TFK

R1041 BRG

natalya86

Post by natalya86 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:37 pm

I managed to get a successful bid on that one so am hoping it make my car a bit more original looking. The only thing is the grille badge is missing, but apparently one of the forum members sells a replica :-)

robr1006

Post by robr1006 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Before you fit your new grille you will need to obtain from Minispares or similar the standard british grille ends - it might be your car is already fitted with them and you can reuse. The Innocenti Grille uses different grille surrounds.

Next you need to look in the MicroFiche under the technical section here and you will see that ERA used custom grille mounting frames to support the grille and hold the end frames in the right place.

I am having this part laser cut in the future when I can arrive at the final design! Without these frames the grille ends do not sit correctly and there is a risk of cracking your new grille.

When you have obtained a replica badge - I have read here that others have taken a mould from their boot badge to make replica badges in resin, I will be attempting the same soon. To attach the badge to your grille you will need a badge support fixing bracket - I have already had these laser cut and will take a picture of mine when I have painted and attached it to the grille.

Part of the fun of owning these cars is to research the various special parts in the micro fiche and then seek out supporting photographic evidence from the many pictures here and on the internet.

Good luck with yours! What number is your car and where has it been for the last 25 years!