Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
moremoremore

Post by moremoremore » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Hi all

Well there seems to be a wealth of information on this site, all very helpful.

There also seems to be a good variety of Turbos on here....all very original....even the, what I would call the 'tribute car' with all the right bits on.

Not sure where I fit in .... (I am a very friendly guy, contrary to popular misconceptions ;) ) ... as my car is a little different. It is applauded and derided in equal measure at shows, but at the end of the day it is an ERA Turbo and I hope I am welcome on your site?

keep up the good work

G96LUE

Re: Newbie

Post by G96LUE » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi there,
Of course you are welcome on the site. i look forward to seeing your car.
Post some pics when you get chance.
If you need any help we are always here to help if we can.
Regards
Darren
:)

millermilla

Post by millermilla » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:00 am

Hiya :D
Keith Miller

moremoremore

Post by moremoremore » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:23 pm

Some of you may know this car...

It is far from standard, however I have tried to keep the look of it as standard as possible. There have been many developments and if you are interested I will list its current mods. Will probably list them in sections as there are too many to digest all at once.

Will start with the exterior first ...

If you want to see photos showing specific details then no problem.

2 years ago this car had a full nut and bolt rebuild costing in excess of 15k.
Mods of exterior over standard:
Private registration
ERA logo numberplate - I have seen this on other cars ;) the logo is actually a scanned version of my rear badge.
Clear indicator lenses
Stainless wipers/ arms / jets etc
Stainless door handle set
Stainless door escutcheons
New sunroof
Roof mounted aerial
Colour coded wing mirrors and rear number plate light
ERA valve caps
Stainless mesh on air scoops in bumper
Solid Silver (not silver plated) front Badge - made by a jeweler
Solid silver ID badge in engine bay (slam panel)

Well thats the exterior...interior next if you are interested?
Attachments
Miniturbo185c.jpg
Miniturbo185c.jpg (202.71 KiB) Viewed 19085 times
web40.jpg
web40.jpg (68.28 KiB) Viewed 19084 times
web31.jpg
web31.jpg (76.98 KiB) Viewed 19082 times

deanjr7

Post by deanjr7 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:13 pm

hi there and welcome from r1007
out of interest i remember having a look at this car about 12 years ago or maybe more at one of my first mini events .
it was in need of work at that time but looking at what youve done (wow) wish i had it now, also remember seeing number (r1002) about the same time so its good to see this on the site .you must have lots of history on this car .
looking forward to seeing more photos
all the best dean

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi Rob,
I thought it might be you from the original comments.
It is good to see you here joining our little community. I think your car is still fantastic. I know it is slightly modified, and some people would say it is a shame it has not been kept standard, however as a modified ERA goes it still keeps the spirit and it is unmistakably an ERA.
I do think it is a shame to see some some special cars modified from original as some people deviate too far.
I have seen one ERA for sale with all the body kit removed and sports pack arches & wheels fitted.
Some of the most altered ERA's come from japan though.
I have seen lots with wheel changes, grill changes, Bucket seats fitted and complete colour changes.
I do think it is a shame to see them so altered from what i think was the best looking mini from that era.
I hope to be able to own a genuine ERA as some point, but without a garage to store one in it would be a shame to watch it start to rust away as i know it would. I have plans for a garage later this year so i will have to see. With the ammount i have spent creating my replica (tribute car :D ) i could have brought a good condition one, but it has been a good mission.
Anyway, see you at the shows, hopefully on a stand crammed with other ERA's and mine :lol:
All the best
Darren

kayball

Post by kayball » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:27 am

Hi Rob. Welcome aboard - at long last.
Details of your car preceded you! If you go to 'ERA Mini Turbo Register' on the left of the page, then select 'UK Car Register, you will find full details of your car, as we know it, under Additional Details, opposite R1003. If any of this is not factual, then please let us know via the Webmaster and it will be corrected (eventually)
Regards,
Pete and Chris K. (R1031)

paul

Post by paul » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi Rob

Welcome to the forum tis a relaxed place here.

We met once in the Q to MITP 2006 when I pulled up next to yours with my black one, and grabbed a picture.

Personally I prefer more factory cars , but it's all personal choices, everything could be undone, it's not like it has a roof chop and a bike engine.

Regards

Paul

moremoremore

Post by moremoremore » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:04 pm

Thank you....

Things have moved on a lot since then.....best start from new really. :lol:

yes there seems to be a definite slant towards the 'standard cars' on here....

millermilla

Post by millermilla » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:15 am

Thanks for the photo's your car looks great. I think the cosmetic mods you have done are in good taste and suit the car. It's hard to know what to do on a car such as an ERA given its rarity. My car is pretty standard but I still feel the need to put my own mark on the car. My wiper blades were split and the arms rusty but it seems a shame to put boring black ones back on when a full set of stainless wiper / washer components look so much nicer and the same goes for indicator lenses however I also needed to replace the rear speakers but thought anything other than stock would'nt look quite right for the age of the car so I fitted modern speakers behind the original grilles so it still looks as it should. From what ive seen elsewhere the main mods on you car are under the bonnet. I seem to remember seeing something like 150BHP quoted somewhere, is that correct? What spec is the engine. I bought my last ERA R1024 with a blown engine, box and turbo and spent quite a considerable sum of money with Avonbar modifying the engine but even then it was nowhere near 150BHP.
Keith Miller