2 ERA's together

Share Pictures Of Your ERA Mini Turbo's Here.
dj clubby

2 ERA's together

Post by dj clubby » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:38 pm

This is my dads ERA and Shays ERA at my house

Enjoy
GOT BOOST

G96LUE

Re: 2 ERA's together

Post by G96LUE » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Nice pics.
it looks like you had a good day for it too.
guess that is your house up front with the mini only parking area. lol.
Regards
Darren

dj clubby

Post by dj clubby » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:44 pm

Yeah that would be my house alright

My dads crazy Mini Van

I will post pics of all the minis my dad has a bit later
GOT BOOST

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:20 pm

Nice :)

millermilla

Post by millermilla » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:59 pm

Nice pics matey. Tell us some more about the van it looks really confusing. MPI Head, Water cooled turbo mounted very high, Carb on a very odd place, Lambda sensor, Intercooler. Someones gone to a hell of alot of work to avoid cutting the bulkhead!
Keith Miller

dj clubby

Post by dj clubby » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:39 pm

The van was built by a guy from lotus in the UK

EVERY part has been replaced except for the front subframe and rear radius arms which were fully reconditioned. I hope some of you will appreciate the attention to detail with this restoration.. ENGINE: Completely rebuilt using Minispares parts, all bearings replaced, genuine new rover unleaded turbo head, block bored and honed +20thou and 8.8:1 CR pistons fitted. Crankshaft and flywheel lightened and balanced. Duplex timing chain, new clutch plate, master and slave cylinder. ARP head and bottom end bolts. Remote oil filter head to allow MPI mini front mounted radiator, electric cooling fan and alternator. GEARBOX: Completely rebuilt, all serviceable parts replaced, central oil pickup pipe, Minispares high capacity turbo oil pump. All casings beadblasted, etch primed 2K painted. Rebuilt Metro turbo diff. New inner and outer CV joints and gaiters. TURBO: Brand New Garret GT17 turbo running 8PSI, dump valve and Toyota starlet intercooler, the exhaust and inlet manifold were designed and made by me so that the bulkhead crossmember didn’t have to be cut out. BOSCH electric waterpump on auto 10 minute run-on relay. WHEELS/TYRES: 6x12” Revolites black with polished rims on Yokohama A048R tyres very cool very low with loads of tread left BRAKES: Front: Factory reconditioned Metro turbo 4 pot callipers and vented discs, new wheel bearings and ball joints. Rear: Factory reconditioned Fiat Uno turbo rear callipers on Rover 200 discs, handbrake connected to standard mini handbrake lever. Adjustable rear brake bias valve. All flexi brake lines are braided stainless steel; body lines are formed from straight lengths of brake pipe (not off the roll). Rebuilt Late mini Servo with new master cylinder and adjustable brake bias valve. All in all plenty of stopping power FUEL SYSTEM: Fuel tank blasted and reconditioned, new float, high pressure fuel pump and inertia switch, all lines under the car are rigid and formed from straight lengths and the ends have been flared. SUSPENSION: Coilovers all round, front Bilsteins, rear AVO adjustables. Rear beam axle with adjustable radius arm brackets, front subframe blasted, reinforced then etch primed and sprayed, Front adjustable tie bars and lower arms. All bushes have been replaced with superflex polybushes. this is a fantastic track/fast road setup however if I was keeping I would soften it up with some lighter gas shocks to make it a little more polite over speed bumps (pregnant women hate it!) ok if you like the race car feel! and sticks to the road like poo to a blanket STEERING: Reconditioned steering column connected to new rack and track rod ends, column lowering bracket also installed. very positive responsive setup. EXHAUST: Modified SAAB 93 2” downpipe mated to single box system via stainless steel flexi connection, subtle noise level. Lambda sensor and A/F ratio meter. ELECTRICAL: Late mini wiring harness with modifications to run new relays and fuses which have been located inside-beneath the glovebox. No crimped connectors all OEM grade and soldered. All exposed wiring has been protected with COT (corrugated tube) + heat-shrinked ends. INTERIOR: Colour coded dash with Smiths Oil/water temp, Tacho, boost and oil temperature gauges, Alcantara top and bottom rail. Hidden SONY minidisk stereo with joystick control. Professionally retrimmed full-length headliner in Alcantara, rear load bay has been trimmed with OEM grade carpet. MGF front seats, new steering wheel and gearknob. OTHER POINTS: Modern wiper motor system utilising OEM motor and custom made linkage, hidden electric aerial. Rear valence has plastic protectors to stop creating a rust trap. Stainless steel number plate backing plates

I later found out there is a turbo timer under the dash
GOT BOOST

arrian

Post by arrian » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:37 pm

Hi, Is your van running a draw through turbo setup?

dj clubby

Post by dj clubby » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Yes it is i think
GOT BOOST

dj clubby

Post by dj clubby » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:14 pm

GOT BOOST

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Quite a collection of very nice looking cars you have over there.
:)