My ERA soon to be in Auto Express

Share Pictures Of Your ERA Mini Turbo's Here.
millermilla

My ERA soon to be in Auto Express

Post by millermilla » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:12 pm

I was contacted the other day by the PR manager of Mini UK. To cut a long story short they were trying to get together rare mini's for a 22 page feature on mini's as a suppliment with Auto Express the motoring magazine. A photo shoot had been arranged in a few days time at Thruxton and they had been looking all over for an ERA.
I was given very little detail apart from try to be at Thruxton as early as possible on Monday. Sadly I was working Monday but lucky for me it was only half a day so as soon as I finished at 1pm I shot straight up there where they were all waiting for me so they could get some group photos done. Once the group photos were finished they then photgraphed the car in detail before getting me to chase a camera car around the track while they took photos which was fun! I felt very humbled being photographed along side 621AOK, A Monte Carlo Winner, A mini Miglia, one of the first mainsteam coopers and some special bini's. It was a great experience and now I cant wait to see the feature! Ohh and the best bit was mine was the only car which actually drove there and back home everything else came on covered car transporters! I still cant work out why they didnt just bring the ERA down from Gaydon instead of tracking me down for the photos?

Keith Miller

G96LUE

Re: My ERA soon to be in Auto Express

Post by G96LUE » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Excellent news. I will keep an eye out for it.

I couldnt see the 4 pics at work though. I will check at home tonight.

All the best

Darren

Pics display at home. Blooming work thought police :(

millermilla

Re: My ERA soon to be in Auto Express

Post by millermilla » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:58 pm

They never said anything about ranking the cars as the greatest mini of all time? The cheeky git's voted the ERA 12th out of the 12 mini's there and they got most of the facts wrong including saying it's a jap spec car even though I sent them an e-mail with all the correct facts and links to here. Ohh well, nice to be featured in a magazine.

Keith Miller